Sunday 15 July 2012

Models : The Start of the Scots

Well the Scots Warband has arrived and I am very impressed with the models.  They are the Gripping Beast figures which are a little expensive but very very nice.  The intention is to have a 6 point Warband, and to this end I have purchased the 4 point Starter set and 2 additional units of Hearthguard (Thanes).  The list is as follows:

Warlord
Unit of 4 Thanes
Unit of 4 Thanes
Unit of 4 Thanes
Unit of 4 Thanes
Unit of 8 Warriors
Unit of 8 Warriors

I may try fielding the Thanes in 2 units of 8, I haven't decided as yet!

All 25 models in the starter set are different sculpts, which is nice to see.

From my limited experience of SAGA the Scots Battleboard looks like it might be powerful both defensively and offensively and it also has a rather nice ability to give yourself a mini orders phase during your opponents turn, and a ability to make your none missile troops shoot.

Anyhow, the models are build and based, next it's on to the painting.  I shall post updates as I go along.



First Model complete, 1 Thane:



Robb

2 comments:

  1. Nice job :-) Robb looking foward to seeing the full warband.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jas, hoping to have the completed unit up soon!

    ReplyDelete